观察报告 > 11 Ways GIS Systems Can Be Used in Emerging Markets
11 Ways GIS Systems Can Be Used in Emerging Markets
Gaining global market share and long term success with GIS.
Nowadays most global enterprises have the future view on investment in emerging markets to gain not only a global market share, but long term success as well. Research by Global Intelligence Alliance in 2012 pointed out that 48% of US companies continuously expand their global footprint in emerging markets, especially in India (81%), Brazil (79%), China (71%), Russia (48%), Indonesia (26%), and Turkey (23%).
These emerging markets provide great potential for US companies in manufacturing, telecommunications, finance, retail, healthcare, automotive, and logistics/transportation services.
11 Ways to Utilize GIS for Emerging Markets
01. Visualize current store and competitors’ distribution
02. Visualize and analyze macro market and current hot zones
03. Improve accurate market coverage analysis
04. Data management for demographics, customers, and service areas
05. Find new potential customers and markets
06. Compare major competitors, markets, and territories
07. Share visual maps and statistical data internally with project teams
08. Identify and quantify potential sites for new stores
09. Evaluate a potential site with a balanced scorecard system
10. Improve the accurate estimation of market share after expansion
11. Real-time monitoring in cloud GIS systems
In order for companies to gain global market share in emerging markets, they’ll need the help of a powerful GIS system and a team that understands how it can apply to their specific industries.